Heat, light, and broadband are included in the monthly fee of €100, payable in advance on the 1st of each month. Please note that rent is currently subsidized to €100 and is contingent on continued support from the Arts Council’s Workspace grant in 2022 and 2023.
Housed in a restored Georgian courthouse building, the studio offers 24/7 access and is located on the first floor (no lift), with good natural light. It measures 4x4m (16sq m), with a high pitched roof (2.4m to 4.4m). The studio is available for a maximum term of 2 years. The selected artist will be offered a paid exhibition in the Gallery’s Red Couch project space, and can avail of the Gallery’s equipment and resources including curatorial support
Studio membership includes:
• Secure, safe and warm studios with natural light
• Heating system and well lit
• Wi-Fi and all bills included including refuse
• Rent is €150 per month, currently subsidized to €100 for 2021 with thanks to The Arts Council Workspace Grant.
• Private bathroom fo studio members
• Advice and support when needed from the gallery curator.
• 24hr access.
• Communal kitchen sink space and tea and coffee station shared with the gallery.
• Use of the multi-function room when desired and available
• Use of the gallery tools on the premises and facilities.
Please send submissions by email, and include the following:
– A short letter of interest
– CV and biography
– Documentation of work – provide at least 6 examples in Jpeg or PDF format
The Courthouse Gallery and Studios comprises of four artists’ studios, a workshop space and an office space in Ennistymon, serving the region of North West Clare. The Gallery runs a year-round programme of exhibitions, talks and workshops.
The Courthouse Gallery & Studios houses four studios for visual artists as well as its two gallery spaces and multi-function room. Our goal at The Courthouse Studios is to provide affordable works spaces for professional and emerging artists living and working in North Clare. Many of our past artists have established careers in the arts, while others are emerging in their chosen disciplines.
The organisation is a registered charity and a non-profit organisation. Funding is kindly provided by the Arts Council, Council Clare County Council, POBAL, and through self-realised fundraising.