The hours are variable and will include some weekend and evening work. The ideal candidate will have good interpersonal skills and be proficient in using computers. The role is varied and includes working on the reception desk, Front of house duties, assisting visitors, booking events, helping with installing exhibitions, and assistance with marketing and PR.
Title: Part-time Gallery Assistant (Community Employment Scheme)
Hours: Variable. 19.5 hours per week.
Location: Ennistymon, Co Clare
Start Date: June 2022
Application deadline: Rolling basis until the position is filled.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Good computer skills. Familiarity with Word for Windows and Excel is desirable
- An interest and knowledge of art would be an advantage
- Assisting with the installation of exhibitions
- Gallery invigilation
- Dealing with the general public to answer queries
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Initiative and willingness to learn
Please confirm your eligibility with your local FAS Office before applying for this position. This position is only open to people who are eligible for the Community Employment Scheme, i.e. over 21 years of age and in receipt of a Dept. of Social Protection payment for 12 months or more. This includes those on the Turas Nua pathway.
For information on Community Employment Schemes (CE Scheme) see: www.citizensinformation.ie/