The Courthouse Gallery & Studios is delighted to announce our open call for the 2023 edition of our long running annual Summer Open Exhibition. Submission deadline: Midnight, 16th April
Our Open submission exhibition is an integral and vital part of our annual programming and a great opportunity to bring artists and the community into the gallery for a celebration of the diverse visual arts offering from Co. Clare and all over Ireland. This important social event in recent years has hosted up to 93 artists and 124 artworks and is open to all artists of all levels and styles.
For the 2023 edition we invite submissions of artworks around the theme of “Summer of Love”. With so much turmoil and trauma in the world right now we feel the need to celebrate the good in our lives, and shift our focus, if only for a moment as visitors walk through our exhibition, to happy times, happy feelings and happy artwork. This may take many forms from abstract to figurative and celebrations of joyful moments in love, in the landscape or even our own imaginative worlds of peace. We will accept submissions of all work which reflects the theme in a positive way. The exhibition will also run through International Pride Month and we would encourage work related to LGBTQI+ issues and work which celebrates all forms of love.
- Deadline: Midnight, 16th April. Artists will be notified as soon as possible after the deadline.
- Successful Artworks must be delivered to the gallery by the 14th of May 2023.
- Exhibition dates are Preview: Friday, 26th of May at 6 pm, Runs 27th May – 22nd July 2023.
- Delivery and Collection of Accepted Works: All transport to and from the building of artwork is the responsibility of the artist and at their own risk/expense.
- Please note: There is a submission fee of €10 for each submitted artwork. Please ensure this is purchased though out new online shop at com/online-store. You may also call the gallery on +353 (0) 657 071 630 during normal opening hours.
- There is no Artist Fee at this time, we hope in the future If our funding improves this can change.
- This is part of our fundraising initiatives which will support the ongoing costs of running the gallery and keeping the doors open. In this regard, we continuously attempt to accept as many submissions as possible but with limited space not all applications can be accepted
- The exhibition Open Call is administered by a small team on a part time basis so please leave plenty of time for any queries or issues. We are flexible and always happy to help and accommodate artist in any way we can.
- Artworks are priced at the artists discretion please include a 25% commission into the price of works.
- Submit a maximum of three works, €10 each per submitted work.
- A jpg/png image for each submission with the file name of: Title, Artist name, dimensions, medium and price in the file name in that order. (this may be used for promotional materials)
- No C.V. required.
- Ensure you have paid the submission fee before submitting. The fee must be paid in advance of submitting artwork here: https://chgsfineartshop.square.site/